but i ate it all. dinner last night and leftovers for today's lunch. DAMN good. (i only used one salmon filet and eyeballed the ingredients and it turned out divine. the flavor combos are on point.)
ASIAN SALMON SANDWICHES
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• Six 5-ounce salmon fillets, bones and skin removed
• 6 chibatta rolls
• 1 avocado...or more if you're crazy like me
• Asian chili sauce (rooster ya hear?!)
• Coarse salt
• 1 lime, halved
• 1 large carrot, grated
• Cilantro sprigs, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar and soy sauce. Add the salmon and turn to coat.
2. Foil-line a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish so you don't have to scrub the hell out of it later. Arrange the salmon in the dish, drizzle with the remaining marinade and roast until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for about 20 minutes.
3. Split the rolls in half lengthwise and spread each half with chili sauce and mayonnaise to taste. Place a piece of salmon on the bottom half of each roll and sprinkle with salt and a squeeze of lime juice. Top with some of the grated carrots, avocado and a few sprigs of cilantro. Cut that baby in half and ENJOY.
i do not remember where i found this gem, so no credit given here....but then again, i altered it a bit so i guess it's mine now.