Friday, March 5, 2010

fresno culture club

i've been a fan of music for as long as i can remember. i guess when my mom was pregnant, she took some class where mothers would tap the beat of music being played on their bellies to try and instill rhythm in their unborn babies. hippy shit.

from there i grew up in a house with a sister 10 years older than me who was deep in the 80's. music, culture and the vibe of the times was instilled in my head early. cindy lauper was the first tape i owned. i played that baby over and over. my first 45 was we are the world...hot off the press.

i was a boy george groupie. i had a couple fan mags of his (i was 6) and thought he was beautiful. with the help of my sister, i transformed into him one halloween night long ago.




testing my mike


today is her 42'nd birthday and i love her more than ever. she's always been a cool older sister and i feel lucky to have her. she's taught me a lot about life and has kept me laughing the entire way.
:::HAPPY BIRTHDAY TABITHA:::
xoxo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG! You just shot that poison arrow through my heart. I know, it's an ABC lyric. But it's the first thing that came to mind.